22 October 2010

Feature Friday: Danielle of Sometimes Sweet.

Hello Friends! I'm back with another Feature Friday. This week I am excited to be able to introduce you to the sweetest, cutest, soon to be mommy, Danielle of Sometimes Sweet. I love her blog because it is so sweet, sincere, and enlightening. Enjoy!



Name:  Danielle Hampton
Location: Arizona
Links: (to your sites, stores, etc.) http://sometimessweet.blogspot.com/ and http://twitter.com/danihampton

Hobbies: currently my number one "hobby" is daydreaming about being a mama in mid-November when our baby boy is born!


Tell me a bit about yourself/ How did you get into crafting/blogging: I've been livejournaling since the 90s and a few years ago decided to switch over to blogger!  I can't imagine my life without having this creative outlet and I've met some of the most wonderful people in the world from it.

What inspires you? Oh gosh, what doesn't inspire me?! I feel like I find something everyday that makes me just say "wow."  Currently this amazing fall weather is making me really happy and awakening all sorts of things inside of my soul as silly as it sounds.

How would you describe your style? dresses most of the time, pretty girly but nothing too trendy. 

What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? I am a sucker for pie. Apple, cherry, lemon, you name it, I love it!

Best thrifted find? I actually don't like to thrift. I feel like the only girl in the world who doesn't, but it's true!

What’s your favorite thing to do in your spare time? spend time with my husband. We always have fun no matter what we do- up until this year he was on tour all of the time with his band and I feel incredibly spoiled being able to have him home all of the time. Outside of that I love my girlfriends and one of the best things in life is a great girls' night out. Reading, writing/blogging, working out, running, yoga/pilates sewing, and shopping also rank high. 


What are you working on at the moment? I am in the middle of a few *secret* projects with some fellow blogging ladies and other than that outside of the blog world I am working on making the transition from high school English teacher to stay at home mama!  Just a few more weeks.

Do you have any favorite websites, blogs, books, etsy shops?
Way too many to list but you can check out my "blog loves" link on my blog for a sampling of my daily reads! http://sometimessweet.blogspot.com/p/my-favorite-blogs.html

What are your goals for your blog/shop/art/craft? I really don't have any goals- I never set out to have thousands of readers when I began to blog (I had two readers when I started a few years ago) but it grew and grew pretty quickly.  With that growth I've immensely enjoyed meeting some amazing gals and I hope to meet a lot more as time goes on. My main focus is just writing, and I think it's neat that anyone would stop by and want to read what I have to say! It's flattering.  But if I had to pick a goal, I'd just say to keep on keepin' on. 

Isn't the great?! Be sure to check out her blog and say hello! If you want to be featured here please send me an email to merrymayhandmade@gmail.com. XO 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Dani and loved this post! Just came across your blog and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle is one of the sweetest ladies I know! Love her feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle is such a beautiful spirit. I follow her adorable blog. Can't wait for Henry baby stories.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love you!