13 November 2012

Junk in the Trunk Recap + Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who came out for the Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market. We raised a good chunk of change for those folks affected by hurricane Sandy and that makes me happy. It was so good to see old friends (ello miss Mandyface!).

We spent a long time setting up and hanging out on Friday. Longer than I expected but there was just so much to see and so much inspiration surrounding us.  My mom and I set up then ran around the place shopping and picking out what we wanted to snatch up the next day. I found a sign I loved and got so lucky when the creator came to me asking to trade for a vintage Christmas table cloth! I was so stoked (you can see a photo of it on Instagram). I got a treasure before the thing even started!

Saturday I woke up before 5am. Now, I'm not trying to be dramatic but it was basically the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. BEFORE 5 AM you guys. But once we got some coffee and started moving, I felt a little better. Trevor, who played a show at 12:30am, woke up at 5 to help me. He is seriously the best thing that's ever happened to me. I felt so bad but am SO thankful for his help. He's my hero.

We spent our evening napping and having a backyard fire with friends. It turned out to be a really nice day filled with lots of good conversations and lots of new friends. Thank you to everyone who came out and thank you for helping us make a difference! XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love you!