24 January 2013

You guyyyyysss, I finally did it!

I'm finally doing an outfit post!


The weather here in Phoenix has been a little weird lately. It was freezing cold for about a week and then all of a sudden a high of 80 degrees! It's hard to figure out what to wear in the morning when it's super cold and dark but then turns warm and summery in the afternoon. So I've been wearing plenty of layers and stripping down or piling on as the weather permits. For work, I am not required to wear dress attire. Since I don't meet with customers, really anything goes. I tend to wear a lot of tights and baggy shirts or tunics. I try to dress them up a bit with accessories but sometimes I end up looking like I just rolled out of bed.

I've been wanting to do outfit posts for so long but everything seemed stacked against me. I'd get home late and the lighting would be horrible, or it'd be terribly hot, or I'd look like a big ol mess... And... I'm really camera shy. I have this weird thing where any time there is a camera present I go into cheesy mode, making the weirdest faces I can conjure. I guess it's just a way to mask my discomfort. That is why I have been wanting to embark on this project- to a) practicing taking photos more often, b) push myself to put more thought into my daily outfits, and c) to get more comfortable in front of the camera. Plus I love seeing how other folks' outfit of the day type posts so why not join in.



 Leggings and Scarf: American Apparel || T-shirt and plaid button up: from the CO-OP Phoenix Clothing Swap. I think the button up is from the men's section at Urban Outfitters ||Boots: Vintage || Turquoise Ring: GROWop || Dainty Ring: Etsy, my birthday present from Trevor || Key Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs

2 comments:

Hi! I love you!