24 October 2012

Vegan MOFO wtf

Well, silly me. I just realized it's October which is  Vegan Month of Food.... better late than never?
What's Vegan MOFO?? You basically write as much as possible about veganism and/or vegan food- recipes, stories, favorite products, etc. From the website:
The idea is to write as much as you can all month, about vegan food. The blog entries can be about anything food related – your love of tongs, your top secret tofu pressing techniques, the first time your mom cooked vegan for you, vegan options in Timbuktu – you get the idea, right?

Check here for previous Vegan MOFO entries including an AWESOME little series from Rikki Cupcake of Seitanic Vegan Heathen.

Now, I'm not vegan (though I try to eat vegan fairly often) but it is something that is important to me and I try to do my best to limit items like cheese and dairy. I do eat eggs somewhat often (thank you chickens!). I don't drink milk and I rarely indulge in things like yogurt, sour cream, etc. We use a lot of vegan substitutes in our house like Vegenaise and Earth Balance vegan butter. I just love examining and making vegan meals because of the simplicity of it all. Of course there is vegan junk food and highly processed vegan options, but the vegan meals that really get me goin are the simple, fresh ones that use just a few ingredients.  Here are some vegan recipes I been collecting on Pinterest. I can't wait to try them. 



Spinach Pancakes- Whaaaattt??
Cocoa Roasted Cauliflower with Grape Farro- sounds weird and strangely yummy. I've seen a lot on Pinterest lately about roasted grapes. I have to try this. 
Jack-o-pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich- OMG.
Vegan Nachos with Cashew Cheese- I can't wait to try to make my own cashew cheese. I'm kinda obsessed with the thought of it but keep forgetting to try. 
Raw Lasagna- This is a perfect example of simple food that lets the vegetables/ingredients shine. 

If you do Vegan MOFO let me know! I'd love to check it out. I'm thinking about doing a post on my journey to vegetarianism. We will see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love you!